Dublin City Library and Archive is located at 139-144 Pearse Street, Dublin 2, D02 HE37. Our reading room can be found on the first floor of this purpose-built library building. We share our premises with the Pearse Street Library branch.
Pearse Street Library was built in 1908 as a result of a partial grant from the Carnegie Trust. The library was officially opened on the 1st of April 1909 by the Lord Mayor Alderman William Coffey. It was the fifth free public library to open in Dublin.